Bakehouse Bread & Cookie Company is looking to add to its team of quality product-focused staff by hiring full time (40hours) Café Assistant. In our café we serve creative cuisine. Attention to detail is essential to provide the quality and on time service we strive to provide our customers.
In this role your primary tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working with our team to create house made soups and sandwiches with locally sourced and high quality ingredients.
- Making sure each and every Bakehouse meal looks and tastes fresh, using quality, locally grown ingredients.
- Valuing speed and efficiency in getting customer meals served but not to the detriment of diminishing the quality of the dish.
- Keeping a neat and orderly work area, which includes your immediate station and the greater kitchen and preparation areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 1-2 years experience in a restaurant / café
- Take an active roll to ensure food safety and sanitation.
- Go above and beyond to provide each customer with a memorable and delicious experience.
- Possess tact and proper attitude about the values Bakehouse endorses: fresh products, supporting local farmers, businesses and organizations.
- Strive each day to grow in his/her position.
- Keep an open schedule, which includes early mornings and Saturdays, as this meets the needs of our customers and the business.
- Work as a team to complete daily tasks but thrive in settings without immediate coaching or direction.
If interested in this position, please send your completed application along with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it by the Bakehouse between the hours of 7AM and 3PM.